Dr. Burns is on Sonoran Living talking about Small Intestinal Bacteria Over Growth. http://www.abc15.com/lifestyle/sonoran-living/the-bienetre-center-explains-what-causes-small-intestinal-bacteria-overgrowth-sibo
Dr. Burns was on Sonoran Living talking about eating gluten free. http:// www.abc15.com/lifestyle/sonoran-living/the-bienetre-center-shows-easy-recipes-to-eat-gluten-free
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups evaporative cane juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pure Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water or orange juice
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Paper-line or grease 30 muffin cups. COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store muffins in covered container or resealable plastic bags. FOR 72 MINI MUFFINS: PREPARE as above; filling 3/4 full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. FOR 12 JUMBO MUFFINS: PREPARE as above; filling 3/4 full. Bake for 33 to 36 minutes.
modified recipe from libby’s website
Dr. Burns is listed on #26
I had a few people ask me how to obtain a medical marijuana card. Because of the new rules that were enacted on July 3rd of this year there was a slight change in how people can obtain their mmj card.
There are certain medical conditions that qualify for medial marijuana. They are…..
HIV, Cancer, Hep C, ALS, Glaucoma, Crohn’s Dz, Alzheimer’s, PTSD, AIDS, Wasting Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Severe Nausea, Seizures/Epilepsy, Severe and persistent muscle spasms like MS
How to obtain a card?
- Bring in your current medical records from the past year. If we don’t have them then we can’t do the certification.
- Meet with a doctor that issues mmj certifications. They will go through a physical exam and also take a look at the current doctors notes that you bring to the office.
- Once you have your mmj certification from the doctor then there is the application that is sent to the health department for you to get your card. It will come in the mail.
What costs are involved?
There is a fee to see the doctor for you to get your certification it can range from $45-$150
Then there is the application fee to the health department that is $150 unless you are on food stamps then the fee goes down to $75. This must be paid by Visa or MasterCard. The health department does not take cash or checks.
It’s that simple. Just make sure to bring your medical records with you. 🙂
Yesterday I emailed a friend to see if they could look at some papers for me. Here is the summary of the emails.
Me: I need you to look at these papers for me.
Friend: I can look at them Friday since I am underwater.
Me: I didn’t know you could send out emails underwater. Awesome.
Friend: Funny 🙂
Find humor wherever you go!!!
This last week my child has decided to be up at 2 am. I have no idea why. As I go into her room to see what is going on I am greeted with a smile and someone trying to get ready for the day. I let my child know that it’s 2 am and that they can go back to bed for a few more hours since we have to be out the door by 7:30 am for school.
I tuck my child into bed and I hope to get a few hours of sleep.
What is the first thing to do when being woken up in the middle of the night? To listen to your child. They are just as human as you are. They may be scared or may be feeling sick. Try to listen instead of yell.
2. Remember it’s not about you. Don’t take it personally if you get woken up. It is about them and they need help.
3. Remember how much you love your child. In the middle of the night can be some of the best bonding experiences.
4. Your child is counting on you to be there for them. You can let them know that you are tired. I find that having a pretend sleep over helps get my child back to sleep quicker. I’m ok sleeping on the floor.
5. We were all kids once. Having kids reminds me of how fun life can be.
6. Life is suppose to be fun. Kids remind us of that everyday.
A few months a go I started to notice that I wasn’t maintaining my weight. I was steadily gaining weight. I was always tired. I at a clean diet. I was wondering what was going on. I decided to get some blood work done and see what is going on. I found that I am deficient in a couple of hormones. I tried balancing my hormones before, but with some very serious flare ups with my IBS. This time I decided to do it one hormone at a time.
First thing I did was add in thyroid since my thyroid function is low. That did ok for a couple of weeks. I lost 2% body fat, but then the body fat went back up to where it was before. I added in some DHEA and now I will see how this works. Being just on thyroid I noticed that my hair is better and energy levels were better too.
Still I wasn’t seeing the weight come down. I’m still having to be on 2000 mg of Magnesium everyday.
I will see what happens with the DHEA in the next few weeks and retest my hormones.
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013